How to Prepare your Home for Sale
If you are thinking of selling your home, it is never too early to start preparing. Here is a list of areas that commonly need sprucing up:
- Paint - It’s a great idea to paint all of the walls in your home. Be sure to use neutral paint colors such as grey and white. The new paint smell in a home can be as appealing to buyers as the new car smell.
- Windows - Wash all windows inside and out. Open all blinds and curtains to let in as much natural light as possible.
- Clutter – The best way to make your home appear spacious and organized is to clear clutter. Walk around the house and collect objects to corral in one place. For showing purposes, you will only want a few decorative objects on shelves and leave tables and counters clear. If you have bulky furniture or too many pieces in one room, rearrange to avoid overcrowding.
- Baths – It is impossible to clean too much in this room. Re-caulk shower and tubs and make sure there is absolutely no mold. Stow away all personal items such as toothbrushes, combs and styling products. For a spa like feel, add a stack of freshly washed towels and a few scented candles. Buy new bath rugs and towels in a neutral shade.
- Kitchen – Clear as much as possible off the counters. Wipe down everything out in the open and dust the top of the refrigerator and cabinets. Clean the floor thoroughly including baseboards. Cabinets should be cleaned to remove grease and cooking odors. Remove items from your pantry to make it appear more spacious. If you are looking for a quick and inexpensive facelift, consider swapping out the hardware or kitchen faucet.
- Exterior - Trim up the shrubs and clear the walk ways for a good first impression. Power wash if possible and add a wreath to the front door.
Contact ERA Triangle Real Estate Group today at 919.981.6505 to team up with a company who is committed to you and in selling your home or finding your new home!